Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18 – Day 18

What would you do if you were asked to wear clothing for sports and bring a calculator to do an activity? Or just anything in general that might seem weird to you?

That was exactly what we, the Shads of Memorial University, were told this morning when the staff announced a race that involved running and solving math problems. It was fun and exciting, but we all knew that winning was everything once it was announced that the winning team was to be presented with booster juices. So naturally I felt the need to win; my team ended up 11 seconds off the all-time record. Yay for my team and booster juice!

After a seminar of being introduced to the SIFE program (which was pretty awesome), everyone at Shad Valley Memorial was exposed to Zumba, a type of dance meant for exercise. It sounds lame, but I am so glad I gave it a chance because it was actually incredibly fun. I challenge everyone to go out and try it!

Throughout the day, we also had interesting lectures, awesome meals and inspirational ShadSpeaks. Like every day at Shad Valley, today was a day that combined both the routine and unexpected to provide a unique experience that kept me on my toes.

So my answer to that question would be: Do as they say because you never know what cool thing you might end up doing!

Jesse Wang, Shad Valley Memorial 2012