Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24 – Day 24

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. I intently watch the needle on my watch as it strikes 1:00, wishing it would magically stay still for a long, long while. I can still vividly remember the first day; the warm welcome and friendly smiles had me anticipate what was to come for the next 27 days. “Creativity, challenge and community,” summarized our Program Director Ed Jernigan. Indeed, every instant truly captivated my heart. Now that Shad Valley 2012 is coming to an end, I cannot help but think of all the bittersweet memories we will treasure.

This morning, we worked in a group of three on a special design project: a mini-golf hole themed on dancing! (We finished our design project last Friday.) After lunch, we had an amazing speaker on “Powerful Presentation Skills” who talked about social psychology, the principle of distraction, optimal times to ask professors for extensions and so much more! At 8:30 P.M., we had Warm Fuzzies with our house groups.

Thinking back, it’s unbelievable how the past week went by much more quickly than the first few days. This once in a lifetime experience has been more than what I could have ever imagined.

Alice Kim, Shad Valley Waterloo 2012